Insurance for Meat Processing Plants
Due to the high demand for meat and lack of processing facilities, meat processing plants are rapidly becoming an attractive new business opportunity. Opening a new business can be intimidating, especially in today’s climate with COVID-19 restrictions, stringent safety regulations, environmental regulations, and human rights concerns.
How do you get started?
At Specialty Risk Insurance, our history is deeply rooted in the meat packing industry and we are uniquely qualified to help you manage your risk. We work with customers on strategy, planning, and problem solving when starting a new business. Don’t let regulations and compliance slow down your success. Our experts can save you time and money by helping you develop a system that consistently produces a standardized quality product while keeping employees safe and free from harm - the key ingredients to an efficient and profitable business.
With our Meat Processing and Manufacturing program, we can deliver the right protection for your business with customizable coverage options and risk-management resources.
Meat Processing & Manufacturing Coverages Available:
- General Liability
- Boiler and Machinery – Including Spoilage
- Property – Including Property of Others
- Product Recall
- Pollution Liability (or Environmental Liability)
- Commercial Umbrella
- Commercial Auto/Transit
- Workers Compensation
- Cyber Insurance
Our team has over 30 years of experience in food safety, GMPs, and USDA, plus over 40 years in OSHA compliance and mitigation. We are ready to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
When you choose Specialty Risk Insurance to protect your business, you get much more than just insurance. You get a team of experts working to help improve workplace safety, reduce risk and ultimately help increase profitability. We offer services and materials that directly relate to the unique needs of food manufacturing and processing businesses.
Risk Management Services:
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Food/Feed Safety and Current Good Manufacturing
- Practices CGMPs
- Food defense
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training
- Recall program reviews and evaluation (I think this is the product recall you mentioned)
- Quality assurance/quality control consultation
- Feed material assurance scheme
- Cost containment
- Return-to-work program
- Industrial hygiene
- Ergonomics (evaluations, program development)
- OSHA compliance
- Safety program design and implementation
- Thermal imaging
- Business contingency planning
- Fire protection assessment
- Sprinkler system analysis
- Construction quality assurance (geotechnical guidance, structural design)
Enterprise Risk Management
- Account-specific reports (premium and loss data)
- ERM framework (follows ISO 31000 standard)
- Benchmark studies (on specific coverages or markets)